Life Update

Hey all, long time no post! In my last posts, I was reflecting on my musings as a teacher assistant, wondering how to best connect with my students and feeling incredibly nervous for the future as I took on student teaching.

Well, now the student teaching has come and gone. It is now less than ten days until Christmas, and the following things have happened:


  • I had my student teaching placement in middle school mathematics under the WONDERFUL Tara Maynard (please go give her a follow on Twitter, she has literally made me a better teacher by a tenfold). I don't think I can fully explain how much this placement impacted me, so I will likely attempt to do so in a separate post later on. 
  • I graduated from college! I now am the proud holder of a bachelor's degree in Mathematics and Secondary Education. The four and a half years paid off! 
  • I have a job! I will be teaching middle school math this coming January in my OWN CLASSROOM! To say this isn't terrifying is a complete lie: I am incredibly nervous. However, I am incredibly excited to see what the future at this school holds for me, and I look forward to seeing what I will learn from my students and my fellow staff members. 


If you have any thoughts for me as a first-year teacher, please either leave a comment below or contact me via Twitter! (I have a link available on the sidebar). I love hearing feedback and I welcome every piece of advice I can get.

I look forward to updating this as a TEACHER, not just as a future teacher! It's been exciting seeing how much I have grown since I began writing this blog, and I hope you all enjoy taking this journey with me as I grow as an educator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Math?: The Beginnings of the End

A Profile in Genius: Archimedes